World Photo Day Celebration

Today marks the 166th anniversary of the release of the daguerreotype and is dubbed World Photo Day in celebration of it. Daguerrerotype is a type of processing that was dubbed more practical than previous types and allowed for public release of the process. Photography has come a long way since the 1800s, and we still continue to innovate. It's quite amazing that the average phone quality photo greatly surpasses many digital cameras that existed when I was in middle school (early 2000s).

I wanted to celebrate Word Photo Day by posting some of my favorite photos that I've taken in the last few years with various cameras. All the photos listed were taken with one of the following: an iPhone, a Canon EOS Rebel T1i, or a GoPro Hero3.

Self Portrait - August 2012

North Georgia Cabin for AXS Brohood Retreat - February 2013

Self (couple) Portrait - May 2013

Downtown Providence - October 2013

Downtown Atlanta - October 2013

New Year's Celebration - January 1st 2014

Snowpocalypse Meal - January 2014

Graduation Dinner - May 2014

My First Apartment (w/ Elizabeth Pajares) - May 2014

Self Portrait - May 2014

Goodbye Atlanta (picturing Elizabeth) - July 2014

Hello PA - June 2014

Caribbean Self Portrait - October 2015

Hello Mass - March 2016

Opal - May 2016

Looks like I've come quite the distance from where I began with my pink Barbie camera!
At least everyone now keeps their heads for the most part...

Hope you enjoyed my favorite photos through the years, it's really neat to see what you captured at the time paints together the picture of your life. Let me know if you have any favorite photos of your own, I would love to see them!