Nitro is the New Black Coffee


If you know me, then you know I have a *slight* obsession with coffee -- more specifically cold brew coffee. I even wrote a whole post about my love for it a while back! So you know when I started hearing about nitro cold brew coffee,  I needed to try it.

Starbucks has had nitro cold brew for a little over a year now, but only at select locations -- so the brew alluded me until a few weeks ago. J.P. Licks, a Boston based ice cream shop, recently released their own nitro and sent out free small nitro and cold brew coffees to their reward card members. I promptly ran to the nearest one to try both and perform a taste test!

I ordered both drinks black and ordered them as they should be served (cold brew with ice and nitro brew without).
The cold brew tasted as expected -- slightly sweet, slightly bitter and relatively smooth.

The nitro brew was unbelievable.
I normally don't drink my coffee black, even with cold brew, just because I prefer the milk or cream to further smooth out my cold brew. It would be completely unnecessary with the nitro cold brew and I actually loved it black. It was smooth and sweet and honestly tasted nothing like what I'm used to coffee tasting like. It was also interesting that it had foam like a Guinness. I was blown away and hope nitro cold brew starts becoming more common because the only downside is it's not offered everywhere!

Have you tried nitro cold brew yet? What were your thoughts?