Thrifty Living

If you are in the blogging network, you have probably heard of The College Prepster. You've also probably loved her sense of fashion. 

I fell in love with her post from last Wednesday where she featured a beautiful striped beach shirt that she sported over Memorial Day Weekend.
From the College Prepster
I looked at the list price which was $180 and thought that the style would wind up being something I looked at but did not get a chance to wear.

Then I went thrifting at the thrift shop next door to my apartment building. I found the perfect subsitutte striped shirt in the men's section, and wound up leaving with it. It's a Penny Stock, "The Penny Worker" button up. It's made of super soft material and has little gems about it like an embroidered Abe Lincoln. I couldn't leave the store without it. 



I styled it with my favorite Lucky Brand shorts and a ribbed tank from Old Navy (similar). 

This was just my first thrifting experience, I can't wait to have more!