Girls' Day Out

This weekend, while my parents were living it up in New York City, my sister and I got to spend some time together getting to know Atlanta a bit more.

Ordering at West Egg!

I had been wanting to spend some time with my sister in the city since I moved into my new apartment, but things got so busy right out of the gate that neither one of us really had the time. This weekend's timing worked out perfectly.

We basically spent the day shopping and visiting some of my favorite places around Atlanta. I took her to the thrift shop mentioned in my previous post, Eclectia (one of my favorite decor shops), Matter Boutique, and Crafted Westside. We also ate lunch at my favorite place in Atlanta--West Egg.


My favorite store out of all of them had to be Crafted Westside--1) because it was their grand opening and I got to have free King of Pops and 2) because it was like walking into Etsy in real life. Basically Crafted Westside is a place where Atlantans can sell their handmade goods instead of relying solely on online spaces like Etsy.

Look at dapper Mr. Deer, here! All hand made bow ties!

I didn't want to leave and was completely overwhelmed by how beautiful everything was (a word my sister said I overused that day). Poor Katie was dying because she was hungry and I couldn't stop looking things over (she had to resort to hovering around the grand opening's refreshment table).

I wound up leaving the shop with upwards of 10 business cards from the various crafters and an awesome card+gift combo for my mother's birthday this weekend (she's turning the big 5-0!). I also bought a cute postcard to send to Daniel and a gorgeous leather tassel keychain for myself.

I have officially updated my keychain from that of college, all the while joining the ranks of janitors everywhere with the amount of keys I need to function.

I can't wait to go back and visit again to check out more inventory brought by these amazing crafters of Atlanta. It was also just an inspirational space--it makes me want to start on all the projects I've been scheming up with my sewing machine for the past few weeks!

Do you have any local stores that you fell in love with at first visit?